After you've taken Blacksmithing 101, continue learning and having fun with blacksmithing. Make new stuff or continue a project. One of our experienced smiths will be there to help.
Look up fun stuff on Instructables and YouTube. Most of the time, you end up with something really cool, and you always have fun trying. You will leave with whatever metal you have beaten into submission.
This is for ASSOCIATES and KEY MEMBERS ONLY.
Important -- Please review and acknowledge the rules and conditions listed below:
1. No more than 2 people per anvil
(which will limit us to a mere 8 folks if we haul out the "broken" anvil).
2. Masks must be worn at all times.
3. No more than two people in the inside area at any time
(which includes standing in the doorway using the press).
4. We can't provide a community water cooler, and it's going to be really hot - everyone MUST bring some water/juice to stay hydrated.
5. Obviously, you must have taken BL_101.
6. Required safety items: You must wear safety glasses (we have some to borrow if you need them), leather shoes, and 100% non-synthetic clothes (cotton, wool, leather). You WILL NOT be able to blacksmith if you are wearing synthetic clothing. We suggest you mark your personal gloves and glasses since they are frequently forgotten at the lab.
Blacksmithing Policy: Minors under 16 years must be accompanied by a parent or designated adult who must supervise and participate alongside the minor (both must register). The adult must have taken Blacksmithing 101. The adult is responsible for the safety of the minor and must be close enough to physically intervene in case of danger.
Prerequisite: Green Orientation Sign-off AND Blacksmithing 101 Sign-off (BL_101)
Cost covers use of propane, materials, and tools.
*Refunds not offered if prerequisites are not met at the time of the class.
Nova Labs previously announced this event on Meetup.com.
© 2020 Nova Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Nova Labs, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 45-3796580. Contributions are tax-deductible.