Hands-on learning with both real components, breadboard, and testing equipment. Makes great connections for using the Nova Labs Electronics Toolbench.
1. Students are introduced to the basic electronics concepts using TinkerCAD Circuits' amazing electronics simulator. Build and experiment with electronic circuits in a visually accurate, functional simulator that is designed for easy use. No components to buy, no soldering. With TinkerCAD you can learn to work with a variety of components, breadboards, test instruments, sensors and there are even Arduinos and displays you can program (not covered in the basic class).
2. Get hands on practice by building with real components.
Prerequisites: None. * This is an adult class, but beginners of all ages are welcome.
Other Nova Labs Events you should attend: The Arduino meetups (3rd Tuesday in the month) and Robotics Meetups (1st and 3rd Saturday in the month) now held virtually, at which you can discuss your projects with other makers. After Nova Labs reopens, there will be Electronics Evenings to discuss projects, and members can use the Electronics bench to make things.
Preparation/Tools: Sign up for a free TinkerCAD before class.
• TinkerCAD is a web based simulator, you do not have to download anything. You do have to make an account with login. After you are logged in, the circuits is below the 3D CAD.
• Register for an account: Go to web page www.tinkercad.com
• Log into TinkerCAD; it will help if you have also accessed TinkerCAD Circuits (below the “3D Designs” option) and looked at the interface.
Virtual Classroom Access - Zoom link will be visible to registrants upon sign-up under the 'location' info.
***Your instructor, Nick Carter, is donating all proceeds for this class to Nova Labs. You may contact him at email@example.com.
© 2020 Nova Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Nova Labs, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 45-3796580. Contributions are tax-deductible.