Member and Event Portal
Your instructor for this class is Amy
Find Amy's work and examples of bowls here
If the door is locked, come to the side door at the woodshop.
In this class, we'll explore design concepts and techniques needed to transform a piece of wood into an attractive and functional bowl. Process fundamentals will include:
- design fundamentals
- wood selection
- options for workpiece holding
- shaping the exterior and interior
- sanding, finishing, decoration
– WW Lathe Safety & Tool Sign Off
– Recent turning experience (attendance at a WW/Lathe Open Office Hour is strongly recommended)Mandatory Safety Dress Code: Closed-toed shoes, short sleeves, no loose clothing, and hair tied back. Must wear a mask at all times. Optional: Hearing protection, particle filter, or dust mask.
© 2020 Nova Labs, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Nova Labs, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, EIN 45-3796580. Contributions are tax-deductible.